Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to take the field sobriety tests or breath tests?
No. You are not required by law to submit to their ‘field sobriety tests’ or a breath test. Police will try scaring you into taking these tests, but don’t be fooled. You have a stronger case if there are no ‘tests’ in evidence.
- I already took the Breath/Blood test and/or admitted to drinking. Is it worth fighting?
Yes! Breath and blood tests are fallible and each have an inherent margin of error. And you should not be penalized for a faulty test. Whether there were admissions or not, the penalties you could face often create more trouble than was originally made. Don’t let the State process you as another statistic; fight your case!
- Can I get my breath test independently analyzed?
Yes. You have the right to have your breath or blood test analyzed by an independent laboratory. CG Labs, Inc offers these services for a fee of $150. For more information, visit their website at www.CGLabs.com
- What is an Interlock device?
The Interlock device is a mechanical device installed in a vehicle that requires a breath test before starting the vehicle and may also require additional tests while driving. In order for the vehicle to start, the Interlock must process an alcohol-free breath sample. Anyone facing a DWI charge is at risk of receiving a mandatory Interlock device. Also, you would be responsible for installation and maintenance fees of this device.
- What is an SR-22?
The SR-22 is additional automotive insurance required after a DWI conviction. Many insurance companies do not cover the SR-22. Those that do offer it will charge additional thousands of dollars per year for this coverage. Can you afford to risk it?
- Do I have to let the police search my car?
No. Unless they have a search warrant or can see contraband within plain view, they are not allowed to search your vehicle without your permission.
Civil and Corporate Litigation Questions
Personal Injury Questions
- How long from the time of an injury do I have to file a lawsuit?
You have three (3) years from the date of injury to file a lawsuit against the other party.
- Do I have to pay for your legal representation before the case settles?
No. We don’t receive a check until you do. Once a settlement check has been issued, the legal expenses are deducted then.
- I am ready to start my own business. How can I become an official company?
I have helped to incorporate hundreds of businesses. With my assistance in forming your new company, you could be on the way to being your own boss in no time at all!
- I am interesting in closing my business. How do I do that?
Whether it be by choice or difficult financial circumstances, I can assist you in making sure all of the proper documentation is filed to appropriately dissolve your company.
- Could I register my trade mark, name, or logo nationally?
Yes! I can help make your trademark/name/logo registered to only you on a national level. Contact me to find out how.