Attorney Patrick E. Donovan earned his bachelor’s degree from Dartmouth College (1986), and his law degree from Boston College Law School (1990). He formerly worked in the New Hampshire Department of Justice in the DWI Section and Homicide Unit as a Senior Assistant Attorney General. Attorney Donovan also served as a clerk for the NH Supreme Court and as House Counsel to the NH House of Representatives. In 2008, Attorney Donovan started his private practice, Law Office of Patrick E. Donovan.
Since entering private practice, Attorney Donovan has focused on criminal, commercial and civil litigation, receiving not guilty verdicts for clients charged with DWI, DUIs, attempted murder, aggravated sexual assaults, first degree assaults, drug possession and many other felonies, misdemeanors and violations.
Attorney Donovan has also resolved numerous personal injury claims, reaping substantial settlements and jury awards for victims of motor vehicle crashes, slip and falls and other accidental injuries.
About the Law Office Of Patrick E. Donovan
Clients who hire Patrick E. Donovan and his staff obtain personal service backed by big firm knowledge and experience. Telephone calls and emails are returned within 24 hours. Hearings and motions, not just trials, are attended and prepared by Attorney Donovan himself, not an associate with limited knowledge or experience.
When a Donovan Law client goes to court, he or she will be supported by an
attorney with more than 20 years’ experience in the state and federal court systems in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Patrick Donovan has represented and advised governmental institutions, such as the NH House of Representatives, the NH Department of Justice and the Office of the New Hampshire Governor, as well as big firms and corporations, such as Quest Diagnostics, Bank of America, Mars, Inc., and countless small businesses and individuals with a vast variety of problems and disputes.
Regardless of the significance or nature of your problem, dispute or criminal charge, Attorney Donovan will represent you with the same level of intensity, compassion and integrity that he invested in these high-profile cases.
EXPERIENCE AND HARD WORK PRODUCE RESULTS
Attorney Donovan has tried dozens of homicide cases, and hundreds of federal court, superior court, and district court cases in New Hampshire and Massachusetts in both the civil and criminal arena. Whether you are in the midst of a commercial dispute, civil claim or find yourself charged by the government with a crime, it is critical that you hire a lawyer who knows how to protect your rights and argue your case before the judge or jury who will ultimately decide your future.
When deciding who will represent you or your loved ones, ask the attorney how many cases like yours he has brought to trial, what verdicts he or she achieved, and what costs can be expected. If the attorney cannot answer these questions directly, that attorney probably lacks the experience and knowledge to obtain the results you need.
- Law Office of Patrick E. Donovan, PLLC 2008 to Present
- Owner & Founder of practice concentrating in criminal defense, commercial and civil litigation, personal injury, corporate formation and business counseling. Former and current clients include Governor John Lynch, NH House of Representatives, Mesiti Development Corporation, Quest Diagnostics, MedPlus, Inc., Access Sports Medicine, Liberty International, Mars, Inc.
- Hatem & Donovan, P.C. 2000 to 2008
- Founding member of firm specializing in complex civil and commercial litigation, including trade secret litigation, environmental contamination, medical malpractice and criminal defense.
- New Hampshire House of Representatives – House Counsel 2004 to 2006
- Legal counsel to the House Leadership and Speaker Douglas Scamman.
- New Hampshire Department of Justice 1994 to 2000
- Senior Assistant Attorney General: Homicide Unit, DWI Section. Homicide prosecutor, white-collar crime, drug and rape cases
- Goodwin Procter 1991 to 1994
- Litigation Associate in Boston, Massachusetts firm.
- New Hampshire Supreme Court 1990 to 1991
- Law Clerk
- Boston College Law School 1987-1990 J.D.; Articles and Citations Editor of the BC Environmental Law Review.
- Dartmouth College 1982-1986
- Graduated in the First Honors Group; English and Government Major
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association, New Hampshire Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Member, Greater Salem Boys & Girls Club (President of the Board 2012-
- Board Member, St. Joseph Regional Catholic School (President of the Board)
Patrick Donovan takes great pride in responding to his clients in a prompt and timely manner. Our firm’s priority is keeping our clients informed by providing timely answers to any questions and concerns. Our firm communicates with our clients through their preferred medium, whether e-mail, telephone contact, in-person meetings or letters. We strive to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours, if not immediately.